Nashville Sheriff: Davidson County Sheriff's Office
Correctional Officer Trainee
The Nashville Davidson County Sheriff's Office is looking to hire Correctional Officer Trainees.
Your starting salary is $38,300.28/year. After you complete 8 weeks of academy training your pay goes to $41,767.04/year. Night shift gets an additional 80 cents per hour.
• Assisting with securing and overseeing care and well-being of inmates.
• Monitoring inmate movement within a facility.
• Conducting searches of cells, inmates, and visitors.
• Preparing reports.
• Submitting appropriate incident and disciplinary write-ups.
• Supervising inmate work assignments.
• Overseeing the feeding of inmates.
• Providing inmate security at hospitals, courts, and other assigned destinations.
• Assisting with inmate processing as needed.
• Transporting inmates to various locations.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must be at least 21 years old.
• Must be a U.S. citizen.
Metro offers a generous core benefit package to eligible employees who are regularly and consistently working 20 or more hours per week. Insurance and benefit coverage is effective the first of the month after the employee has worked 30 days. Employees can change their benefits within 60 days of an eligible change in status or during Annual Enrollment. Metro also offers optional benefits from which the employee may choose. Family members, including eligible spouses, domestic partners and children, are covered under most of our benefits programs.
For more information or to apply, click "Apply now".
The Nashville Sheriff's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.