Correctional Officer Trainee
Sorry, this job has expired.
The Nashville Davidson County Sheriff's Office is looking to hire Correctional Officer Trainees.
Starting salary for this position is $36,094.77/year. After you complete 8 weeks of academy training, pay goes to $39,361.80/year. Night shift gets additional 80 cents per hour.
As a Correctional Officer Trainee your responsibilities will include:
• Assisting with securing and overseeing care and well-being of inmates.
• Monitoring inmate movement within a facility.
• Conducting searches of cells, inmates and visitors.
• Preparing reports.
• Submitting appropriate incident and disciplinary write-ups.
• Supervising inmate work assignments.
• Overseeing the feeding of inmates.
• Providing inmate security at hospitals, courts, and other assigned destinations.
• Assisting with inmate processing as needed.
• Transporting inmates to various locations.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must be at least 21 years old.
• Must be a U.S. citizen.
For more information or to apply, click "Apply now".
The Nashville Sheriff's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Women, Minorities and Veterans are encourage to apply.